|SURNAME AND NAME:
DATES AND PLACE OF BIRTH :
TURKISH, ENGLISH, FRENCH
Turkish Economy, Structural Adjustment Policy, Financial Crises, Industrialization Policies, Investments, Technological Changes
- 1984-1988 Ph.D. Degree in Istanbul Technical University. Thesis on “Technological Capability and Technology Transfer in Developing Countries.
- 1982-1984 MA in the Faculty of Economics, University of Istanbul, Faculty of Economics. Thesis on “Technological Change and the Marginal Productivity of Labour and Capital".
- 1982-1984 MSc. in the Institute of Science and Technology of Istanbul Technical University. Thesis on “The Role of Research and Development Expenditures of Technological Change".
- 1978-1982 BSc. in Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Management Engineering. Thesis on “Economic Planning and Economic Policies".
- 1969-1978 French College, Saint Michel, Istanbul.
- Prof. at Department of Economics, Istanbul Bilgi University (since 2003)
- Director of NGO Center, Istanbul Bilgi University (since 2003)
- Member of the Senate, Istanbul Technical University (2001-2002)
- Director, Chair of Economics, Istanbul Technical University ( 2000- 2001)
- Prof. at the Chair of Economy in Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Management (1998-2003). Courses: Turkish Economy, International Economics, Financial Crisis, Comparative Industrial Strategies, Technological Change, Current Issues in Macroeconomics.
- Part-time Prof. at İstanbul Bilgi University (Since 1995). Courses: Economics Workshop I, II and III.
- Program Executive Committee Member, (1999-2001), MSc. program in “IT in Construction Management”, ITU.
- Adviser to the Rector (ITU) for library automation and services (Since 1997).
- Deputy to the Director, Department of Engineering Management, Istanbul Technical University (1993-1996).
- Associated Prof. at the Chair of Economy in Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Management (1991-1998).
- Assistant Prof. at the Chair of Economy in Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Management (1988-1991).
- Research Assistant at the Chair of Economy in Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Management (1982-1988).
- Member of working group of “Adjustment, Distribution and Accumulation" Université de Paris I, Sorbonne, funded by Centre de Recherche Economique, IEDES, (June-July 1996).
- Member of working group of “Globalization and Technological Change" Université de Paris I, Sorbonne, funded by Centre de Recherche Economique, IEDES, (Jan., Feb., March 1995).
- Working on a project for Ford Foundation “ Technological Change and Industrial Policy: Three Cases from Automotive, Steel and Clothing Industries Using Industrial Electronics in Turkey" (1991-1992).
- Member of research team of “International Price Instability: The case of Sub-Saharan Africa" funded by Centre de Recherche Economic,IEDES and UNCTAD (Jan., Feb., 1991).
- Academic visitor at the Institue du Developpement Economic et Social (IEDES), Université de Paris I, Sorbonne, (1989-1990) one year research grant awarded by Council of Europe.
- Member of executive comity on the international symposium on “ The Approaches to the Regional Transport Problems: Middle-East Requirements" 23-26 May 1988, Istanbul. Co-author of the Proceedings.
- British Council Fellow, Imperial College, Department of Social and Economic Studies, London (1985-1986).
- Member of a research team for “An econometric model of Turkey”, project for Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, (1985-1987).
MEMBERSHIP to NGOs
- Member, Helsinki Citizen Assembly Ass. İstanbul
- Member, Human Settlement Ass., Member, Board of Directors (2000),
- Member, Association of Turkish Academics, Member, Board of Directors
- Member, Social Science Association, Ankara.
- Member, British Council Fellowship.
- Member, Board of Directors; Center for Disaster Management, ITU (Since
2000), Certified Trainer of Emergency Management by FEMA (Federal
Emergency Management Agency, USA).
- Founding Member, Turkish Volunteer Fire Brigades Ass. İstanbul.
- Coordinator of the project on “the Restructuring of the Turkish Fire
Brigades” supported by Netherlands Consulate of Istanbul (MATRA-KAP,
- Coordinator of the earthquake activities (August-Sept. 1999), Civil
Coordination Center, İstanbul.
- Member, Açık Radyo, ARDIM (Earthquake Communication Center),